
Discussion #2
Literary Luminary
Paragraph 1
Whit laid down his cards impressively. “Well, stick around an’ keep your eyes open. You’ll see plenty. She ain’t concealin’ nothing. I never seen nobody like her. She got the eye goin’ all the time on everybody. I bet she even gives the stable buck the eye. I don’t know what the hell she wants.” (P. 51)
RED - slang term for a word
BLUE - Metaphor for saying she flirts a lot
I think that this is a good paragraph of writing because it shows how the boys talk when they are alone and it shows how they talk on the ranch. The slang word that the author uses makes the paragraph sound more interesting.
Literary Luminary
Paragraph 1
Whit laid down his cards impressively. “Well, stick around an’ keep your eyes open. You’ll see plenty. She ain’t concealin’ nothing. I never seen nobody like her. She got the eye goin’ all the time on everybody. I bet she even gives the stable buck the eye. I don’t know what the hell she wants.” (P. 51)
RED - slang term for a word
BLUE - Metaphor for saying she flirts a lot
I think that this is a good paragraph of writing because it shows how the boys talk when they are alone and it shows how they talk on the ranch. The slang word that the author uses makes the paragraph sound more interesting.
Paragraph 2
George stood up. “We’ll do her,” he said. “We’ll fix up that little old place an’ we’ll go live there.” He sat down again. They all sat still bemused by the beauty of the thing, each mind was popped into the future when this lovely thing should come about. (P.60)
RED - slang term for a word
BLUE - Metaphor for a house
GREEN - interesting word meaning confused
This paragraph is very well written because of the way that he uses metaphors. I also like how he uses a word that sounds confusing and actually means confusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment